Winter brings harsh weather conditions including snow, ice, and sub-freezing temperatures, which can easily affect the moving experience. Whether snow delays the date of your move or slippery conditions cause you to drop and break your valuables, inclement weather is a critical factor to consider. Working together with a professional moving company like Able Moving & Storage will help mitigate any risks making your winter move effortless.
Able Moving & Storage is known as the most reliable and friendly moving company in Prince William County that serves residents in the Northern Virginia area. With over 31 years of experience, our team understands the many ways to keep any move safe and simple especially during winter. In order to help our customers have a smooth moving experience, here are some tips for a successful winter move:
- Plan for your loved ones & family pets. Check the availability of close relatives or friends to watch your children or beloved pets during the entire moving process. This will help make the move much more efficient and will give you peace of mind knowing that your loved ones are safe.
- Turn your utilities off. To avoid any additional costs, make sure to shut off your utilities or switch them over to the next tenant a few weeks prior to your move. This way you can arrange turning on your utilities in your new home as well.
- Stay updated on the status of your route. Keep in mind severe winter weather as roads may close due to fallen trees, slippery roads, delays and accidents. Remember main roads are also the first to be plowed of excess snow. Check your route for any changes and keep alternate routes ready just in case.
- Weatherproof belongings. With freezing temperatures and precipitation, your belongings need to be protected to prevent any damage. Try packing your items in plastic bins or wrapping items in plastic and bubble wrap. If you are transporting large electronics, then it may be best to hire a professional moving company to handle it for you.
- Increase lighting & remove debris. Make sure all areas are well lit and free of debris. This will help avoid any accidents during your move.
- Prepare outdoor walkways. To prevent any slips or falls, prep walkways and stairs outside your house with rock salt, sand, or even kitty litter.
- Layer up. During the winter season, you will be exposed to the elements. In order to stay warm and prevent yourself from getting sick, wear warm winter clothing that you can move easily in.
- Have an emergency kit nearby. Moving can be a very strenuous activity on your body as constant heavy lifting and walking back and forth is common. If you decide to move without the help of a professional moving company, then be sure to have an emergency kit and a mobile phone ready at all times. It will provide you with a peace of mind that you are prepared for potential accidents.
- Weatherproof your new home. Stay on track with the weather to prepare for any potential moving challenges. If severe winter weather is on the agenda for your move, weatherproof your house to protect your floors and prevent anyone from slipping.
Able Moving & Storage: Best Moving Company Serving in Prince William County VA
Staying prepared at all times during a winter move is imperative for a comfortable transition into your new home. Able Moving & Storage prides itself on quality and efficiency. All of our employees exhibit outstanding customer service as we treat every one of our customers as if they were our own family. If you are moving or thinking about moving in the near future, choose a professional home moving company who will put you first and move your belongings with the care.
Contact us today at (703) 330-3772 to schedule your stress-free winter move. We look forward to making your moving experience a breeze!