Keys To Stress-Free, Happy, and Healthy Moving
Moving is great because it means you get to meet new people, experience a new atmosphere and start fresh. Although, moving can also have a toll on your health since it can get quite stressful, chaotic and keep you always on the move. Sure you have to get it over with, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of your health. That’s why we at Able Moving & Storage shall provide you with a few tips to have a stress-free, happy and healthy day.
1. A few techniques to get rid of stress:
- Exercise your body by going for a walk, a run, practicing yoga or even playing your favorite sport. A healthy body is a healthy mind.
- Spend a few minutes every day (preferably at dawn) taking deep breaths through your nostrils and breathing out through your mouth. This has been scientifically proven to reduce stress.
- At least once a week find ways to treat yourself by engaging in an activity that you find appealing. A few examples are, going to the spa, getting a massage, going to your favorite restaurant to eat your favorite meal and even a movie at the cinema.
- Take an hour or two once a week to read a book. Reading is fun and is a great way to learn new things.
- When you feel like the world is coming down on you then it’s a good idea to switch everything off and relax.
2. Music feeds the soul:
Packing, cleaning and moving, in general, doesn’t have to be boring. Not if you’re doing it the right way. Listening to music while you’re busy doing your moving activities can give you that extra buzz you need and keep your stress levels very low. Music has the power to keep stress hormones at bay, decrease blood pressure and keep your beating heart at a healthy pace.
3. Plan Ahead:
Anything you do in your life is better and more easily done when you plan it out. Plan your move before you start by writing everything you need to get done on a to-do-list. Also, make an inventory of all the stuff you want to move before the moving company arrives. Planning ahead saves you time, ensures that you haven’t forgotten anything and are ready always for when something suddenly comes up.
4. Hire a Professional Moving company in Maryland:
Packing all your stuff into safe carton boxes can take ages and it can bore you out. Who says you have to do it all alone? Hire a professional moving company so that they send in their packers to save your day. This is a great way to ensure your stuff is packed and delivered safely and gets rid of some of the burdens when moving.
5. Try to Eat as healthy as possible:
You’re going to need your daily dose of protein to keep you energized and moving. While you might prefer some foods over others, it is recommended that you eat healthy foods that could help you out with the move. There are a couple of superfoods that fit the description and they are:
- For Carnivores: Turkey breasts, Eggs, and Salmon
- Veggie lovers: Green vegetables, Berries of all kinds, Avocados, and cashews.
- Kids: Milk- The regular or Chocolaty kind
These foods have shown to reduce stress levels and keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.
6. No need to rush, take it easy:
Take your time making the move, start planning it out weeks or even a month before you call in the movers to pack your stuff. There’s no hurry, go at your own pace. Slow and steady wins the race. You’ll get there eventually, no need worry yourself over it.