-Consider Storing These Items-
Able Moving & Storage, Inc. offers clean, secure, and affordable storage facilities for all of your storage needs. There are many benefits to storing your items, and some belongings will last longer when put into storage. If you have any of the items listed below, consider putting them into storage to preserve their condition, and de-clutter your home.
- Antique wooden furniture items such as dining chairs, tables, dressers, and desks will be well protected in storage. Dust, moisture, and mildew are kept away from these sensitive items, ensuring they stay in pristine condition for years to come. Pests that enjoy burrowing into or chewing on wood, such as termites, ants, and rodents are kept at bay. By storing your antique wood furniture, you can have peace of mind that it will remain undamaged and safe from potential breakage and wear that may otherwise occur from everyday use.
- Antique and vintage dishware is also wise to store away in a storage facility. This will keep the items from being accidentally broken by children, pets, or guests. When properly packed up, these items will stay safe from damage for years at a time. Delicate paint and finish can wear away from frequent handling and high moisture levels, so keeping these items in a storage unit is a great way to preserve their overall integrity.
- Handmade items such as knitted blankets, pottery, art, and keepsakes are much safer and more secure once they are stored away than if they were to remain in a home environment.
- Valuable art is also much safer in a storage unit than in a home where it could be easily damaged or stolen. Storage units are very secure and monitored 24/7.
- Seasonal sports equipment that you only use once or twice a year can take up a lot of room. Kayaks and canoes, skis, golf clubs, fishing poles, camping equipment, and bicycles can be practically stored away to prevent clutter within your home or garage.
- If you have baby items that your children may have outgrown such as high chairs, cribs, strollers, and baby swings, you can temporarily put them into storage where they will stay clean and dust-free. This option is especially useful if you plan to give these items away to a friend or family member who is expecting soon, or if you are planning to have another child at some point.
- Extra home remodeling materials can also be stored away after your remodeling job has been completed. You never know when you may need a spare tile, closet door, or window pane. These items are expensive to replace, so keeping them in storage is a great alternative to throwing them away or keeping them where they may cause excessive clutter.
- Hurricane shutters and other seasonal home equipment such as gardening and snow removal items can be conveniently stored away until the weather calls for them.