Safety Tips – What Not To Pack
SOME HELPFUL SAFETY TIPS
Able Moving and Storage wants your belongings to arrive at your new home safe and sound. So one of the most important things to know about how to move…is knowing which items not to move. Able Moving and Storage professionals are trained to look for normal household items that are hazardous and often illegal to ship. Being proactive in the move planning process can eliminate the risk for potential problems and save time along the way.
For your protection, omit the following when packing:
- Aerosol cans regardless of content
- Heating agents, such as Sterno
- Nail polish/remover
- Fire extinguishers
- Any type of gas in bottles or tanks, including propane or oxygen
- Paints, varnishes, solvents, thinners and oils
- Ammonia, bleach and other household cleaning agents
- Chlorine granules or powders
- Muriatic acid (also called hydrochloric acid)
- Auto batteries
- Charcoal/lighter fluid
- Matches and lighters
- Any other combustible product
In addition to hazardous materials, perishable items and those of personal importance are recommended for your individual transport.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Frozen/refrigerated food, produce and open food items. Learn more about donating food to your local food bank in conjunction with Move For Hunger.
- Prescription medications
- Stocks, bonds and securities
- Collections, such as coins and stamps
- Insurance policies
- Jewelry and furs
- Other important documents
A safe move is the only move for your family. Proper planning and exclusion of hazardous items during the packing process will help make moving a satisfying experience.
Get A Free Quote